It's just you... ;)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0173.cvx19-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on January 15, 2001 at 05:21:50:

In Reply to: Aldens: Is it just me.... posted by Austin Powers on January 15, 2001 at 04:30:00:

Yeah, the Aldens sure look big, but they are no clown shoes! Sideshow Bob, he wears those! ;) You know, I wear the same size Aldens (10.5) as most my shoes/boots. I recently bought another pair (I didn't want to pay the $250 they cost now!) and I did try a half size smaller than I already owned. They were too small for me. I guess it comes down to the specifics of your foot and personal preference...
Fall Guy

: Hi, this's just my monthly rant about the appearance of my Aldens, so feel free to totally ignore this post.

: Now, I'm the dude who ordered his 10.5 Aldens but found they were insanely huge. I sent 'em back for a size 10, which fit great, but for some reason they still look huge. I made such a stink on the forum about how it should be a standard rule that people should order AT LEAST a half size smaller than normal. I think IndyGear heard me, because now they have a quote on their Shoe page which says as much. Glad you guys did that, it'll save some future buyers a whole lotta headaches. I just wish it was there before I ordered.

: But back to my new rant. The 10's fit great, very comfortable, but they still look big. It's not as obvious when I wear baggier khakis, but if I have jeans on the Aldens look like skis. Has anyone else noticed this? I noticed in some pictures of Indy his boots look a tad big too. What's up with this? Is it just an optical illusion in the design of the boot? When I hold the Aldens sole to sole with other boots, they're only maybe 1/8" longer. Yet these other boots don't look like "clown shoes". Maybe it's because I've never worn smooth-bottomed boots before. Hell, I've never worn any type of smooth-bottomed shoe. Do dress shoes automatically look longer too? Am I the only one who's bugged by this problem?

: Austin Powers
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: