It'll be atlantis, - just read Jimgrim (the books Lucas ripped off for Indy)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bellosh from as-10-65-15-90.cwcom.net on January 18, 2001 at 17:56:54:

In Reply to: What should Indy's sought after prize be in Indy 4? posted by Marhala Bartender on January 18, 2001 at 17:00:31:

Lucas ripped most off Indy (powerful artefacts, lost civilisations, the settings, the characters, the plots. . .off the jimgrim series of novels by Talbot Mundy (whose books he was introduced to by Phil Kaufman). Hell, TOD is The Nine Unknown, secret Kali worshipping society and all. The only major idea he hasn't ripped off mundy yet is atlantis. . .and he will. Trust me. BTW, saying Indy is a complete rip-off of Mundy in no way diminishes my love, awe, etc etc etc for Indy;-) so don't flame me. . .

: Thought I would just give this a little twirl...

: As I was looking over the Indy movies, then the comics and the books that have followed, I wondered what should the goal of Indy's be in Indy IV? He found the Ark, the Grail, and between the books and comics, he has found a series of other biblical or mythological treasures. The Atlantis idea is and always has been popular fantasy in archaeology, so that might be a fair idea should they disregard the game and comics already made. (But then again, I think Disney is coming out with some animated Atlantis movie, so that idea may be overworked) I am just curious as to what direction they will take with the next movie- whether they emphasize another biblical artifact, a famous treasure from mythology, or if they will take the lost civilization approach. I think the ideas from a couple of the books would be excellent source for the movies, maybe with a little tweaking for the big screen.

: What are some other famous treasures? Ones that haven't already been discussed in Indy books or comics.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]