Here's a weak Star Wars reference....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix4-28.essex1.com on February 13, 2001 at 23:05:07:

In Reply to: Star wars references in Indy flicks.. posted by Volt on February 13, 2001 at 18:15:39:

How about the fact that the evil, cunning Walter Donovan in none other than an AT-AT driver from Empire Strikes Back. And maybe I am just crazy or tired (or maybe I got them reversed), but I think he is also in the first Star Wars arguing with Darth Vader. Not really a reference to Star Wars exactly, but another borrowing I suppose.

Oh and don't forget how in Raiders, there is a heiroglyph portraying R2-D2 and C3PO in the Well of the Souls but I don't think it ever appears clearly on film. And the canyon where Indy aims to blow the ark up with a not-yet-in-reality-created bazooka is the same that ol R2 gets blasted by those pesky Jawas.

And is it just me or is Porkins from Star Wars (the chubby X-Wing fighter pilot) the same guy as the chubby Army Intelligence guy at the beginning and end of ROTLA? So much borrowing of talent over there at Lucasfilm!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]