Here's the deal...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-26.col.cableone.net on February 24, 2001 at 18:46:33:

In Reply to: What's the deal? posted by Sallah on February 24, 2001 at 18:28:25:

: I've been watching this forum for a while and to my amazement many people are down on Wested jackets and HJ hats. Look, most of us here are in search of the authentic Indiana Jones outfit and the two companies mentioned above make the actual products seen in the movies. So, short of not being able to afford the real thing, why on God's green earth would we, collector's of the authentic Indiana Jones outfit, settle for the second or even in some cases the third best. For some there have been great delays on Wested jackets and HJ hats (I know, I have in the past waited a long while for my Wested), but this makes the quest for the outfit that much more exciting and allows us to build a great anticipation for the day that whatever item we purchased arrives. I greatly look forward to the day that I can buy my true, Indiana Jones, fur felt fedora from Herbert Johnson custom hatmakers of London, England. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but do please think about what I said.

This is my take on all of this. There are some on this forum who are seeking an exact replica of various parts of the costume worn by Ford as Indy. The problem is although we can purchase things like the fedora and the jacket from basically the same suppliers that furnished these items for the films, we are not getting exact replicas. It's as simple as that. The years have passed, and the original hat is no longer available, nor apparently is the jacket. This small group of perfectionists have therefore sought these items outside of the original sources. You can bet your last dollar, that if these original sources still offered the exact same items, there would be no terms like PB and Flightsuits in our vocabulary. Personally, I want a replica as exact as I can get it, regardless of the name on the product. Yes, it would be great to have the best of both worlds, but that isn't the way it is. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]