Luck of the draw on the shine...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on March 12, 2001 at 10:43:39:

In Reply to: Re: Aldens.... posted by Flash Fearless on March 11, 2001 at 11:29:28:

: For most people they do seem to run about a half size large and the salesman will tell you to order that way. They do indeed look like the picture on the web page. In my opinion for an outdoor boot they are a bit light for the job, but as a shoe/boot they perform well and are very comfortable. Also I understand you can get a lug sole which you might inquire about as the stock sole is a bit slippery. Flash.

It seems that if your order is shipped from the factory, there is a chance you'll get the shiny finish. These are older versions where they used a more patent finish. I have a pair of these - 2 years old now. They look terrific, though it took about a month before the shine died down. They can be dulled a bit initially with Pecards, though it is not a thirsty leather by any means. Another pair I picked up about a year ago had more of a natural finish, if that makes sense? They drank up the Pecards pretty quick, though they also suffer a bit more when they get wet. Long story short - the ones on the site look like the older shiny ones.

Hope this helps - cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: