Re: Indy's Aldens vs. Ours

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doctor from cache-1.sbo.ma.webcache.rcn.net on March 16, 2001 at 09:34:31:

In Reply to: Indy's Aldens vs. Ours posted by Austin Powers on March 16, 2001 at 01:22:34:

When the 405 shoe is new the sole stick out quite noticeably about a ¼" as you have indicated. The heavy white stitching around the top of the sole makes the sole width very noticeable. As the shoe picks up some mileage the stitching dulls down, the sole wears down and becomes rounded off. The sole will always be larger than the sides of the boot to accommodate the stitching. My pair have many miles on them and have been all over the world and back. The soles are well worn and don't noticeably stick out any more. Over the years of salt, mud, rain, snow and other environmental hazards, the leather on my pair has shrunk a little and the sides of the boot have become distended to accommodate my foot. This helps to eliminate the sole issue but causes problems with the lacing. My boots, when laced up, have always had about a ½ inch gap between the sides of the boot, which exposes the tongue of the shoe. This is probably due to a high instep of my ugly feet (see post below) or not wide enough shoes. In my opinion, the shoes have a much more rakish look when the sides of the boot meet to cover the tongue completely.
As for the movies, they probably distress the boot to give it the appearance they were looking for.

Regards

Doctor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: