Re: Indy vs. Titanic, a topic that we need to let go people. . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on October 04, 1998 at 10:11:57:

In Reply to: Indy vs. Titanic, a topic that we need to let go people. . . posted by ericao on October 03, 1998 at 20:55:14:

: Oh dear god, please lets not bring up Titanic. Really, I don't want to start crying and I definately don't want to start screaming at the top of my lungs at those of you who hated this movie. I know there are many of you anti-Titanic freaks out there, and that's just fine, but I absolutely loved that epic masterpiece. I truly don't care about the unoriginality, the cost, or the hype. It's one of the most magnificent movies ever made. BUT, people. . .you must understand, the Indiana Jones trilogies will always be my favorite movies ever. You can't really compare the two. First of all, Titanic can never have a sequel. More or less, it was a rehashed re-telling of the horrible disaster mixed in with a love story that ~I~ found to be quite touching. And although the script coulda used some work, there were quite a few emotionally gripping scenes that made me cry like you wouldn't believe, and I hardly EVER cry at movies. The Indy movies, on the otherhand, created an entire universe full of opportunities for great sequels (with the exception of TOD, which was a PREQUEL). Anyway, my point is not that I'll adore Titanic and Indiana Jones until I die. . .my point is that we shouldn't start discussing what is the better film, because HEY. . .I thought this was an Indiana Jones forum. Of course we're all gonna be privy to the Indy movies here, baby.

Sorry I brought it up. That caught fire quicker than the castle did when the lighter was dropped on the carpet in Last Crusade. Please chill out, folks. I was just amused at the comments from the past forums, and what has actually taken place to date. I personally don't see any need for screaming one way or another regarding this. They're both good movies on grand scales, and have different levels of fan support. We all have our own opinions about the pros and cons of both. That was not the point of my posting. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]