Re: THX Home Theater, what I wouldn't do for one

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-28-138.snantx.swbell.net on October 05, 1998 at 20:54:54:

In Reply to: Re: THX Home Theater posted by Jeff on October 04, 1998 at 19:46:28:

: : Does anyone here have a THX Home theater? I've been doing some research and they're really cool. I live in Finland so it will be kinda hard to get one, but I'm definately planning on buying one in the future.
: : Does anyone know how much they cost these days?

: : Has anyone heard that the indy movies would be released on DVD sometime soon? I might buy a DVD player soon too...

: Way back in my highschool drafting class(only a couple of years ago) one of our assignments was to design our own house.
: I can proudly say that mine wasn't too lavish, but it did provide for a THX home theatre as well as 1/2 an indoor basketball court.
: It looked pretty good when we had to render the house at the end of the year in AutoCad.
: hehe... Anyone wanna give me a couple hundred thousand so I can build the house? ;-)

Sorry, just spent my last five today ;-). Anyway, I haven't read any magazines concerning the stuff, but I would guess you might have to build a separate complex aside from your house. I'm including all the speakers, amplifiers, subwoofers, screens (the THX site has a list of THX-approved equipment BTW), etc. Plus all the acoustics of the room itself have to be right (the THX site also has parameters for that). Also, getting a THX person to certify it would take some time/money, but I feel it would be worth it. You have no idea how long I've secretly wished for a THX auditorium of my own (or at least five speakers and a subwoofer, for gosh sake!) All we have is a Dolby Pro-Logic thingamajigy and two speakers (L/R). Unfortunately, my parents aren't entertainment buffs. So it's "up to me", through the help of a steady job, my own time, blah-blah-blah which will all come in about ten years time. But I WANT IT NOW!!! WAAAAAH! :-)

BTW, invite me over when you do get yours built ;-).

-Mithrandir-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]