Re: Jackets - HELP

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy French from syr-24-169-84-215.twcny.rr.com on April 13, 2001 at 16:54:30:

In Reply to: Re: Jackets - HELP posted by Indy Matt on April 13, 2001 at 16:26:03:

With the way I wear my jackets, they weather naturally quick enough. I did not "weather" my Wested and when I talk of ruggedness, I mean that if you plan to run around a desert landscape under a truck and take dives off rocky cliffs in a jacket, then go with the FS goat hear it is capable of taking such punishment.

As far as accuracy is concerned, a lambskin jacket is closer to the real deal and the Wested is certainly looking good in that department, especially now with the redesign. I also know that the FS jackets are extremely good as well. The question is now whether you can pay $450 for an FS jacket or pay only $250 for the Wested.

I would highly recommend an FS should you be heading into the Himalayas or something, but if this is just a "I'm gonna wear it out and about" kind of jacket like mine is, then from personal experience a Wested is just fine. There are different schools of thought on this issue, but again this is my humble opinion.

Oh, and yes, I have the cotton lining, and I don't remember why I actually chose this option, but yes, some shirts do not "mix" well with it and arms can get stuck. Try the satin. That's what I am going to ask for when I order my new Wested in a few months.

Cheers,

Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: