Re: Chineses Communist villians

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.30.165 on October 11, 1998 at 22:07:44:

In Reply to: Re: Nazis posted by RikDuel on October 11, 1998 at 20:01:03:

: I think the Communists in China would work great in Indy IV as villains. You need look no further than a film like Scorcese's Kundun or Seven Years in Tibet to see how easily they work as villains. Especially considering the sort of treatment that religion was given under Mao's leadership. If it were a buddhist artifact that Indy wound up chasing, then that could place him directly at odds with Communist Chinese forces whose objective was to destroy it.
: I think that this could be cool, but if, like its beginning to sound, the quest in Indy IV is for Atlantis or some other "Lost Continent" (Lemuria?), then I don't know who they're going to get for villains.

: My thoughts only,
: RikDuel

Chinese Communists would make great villians in a post-WWII setting. We have had discussions on this theme in previous posts, especially when that rumor about Michelle Yeoh popped up. But the Chi Com's are perfect because they went on a destructive spree of wiping out Buddhist temples and removing any traces of Imperial China. Hell, they even took down sections of the Great Wall (only to have rebuild it later when they discovered they could make money off tourists). You could even through in a couple of Russian KGB agents to spice things up.
I think the only ones nastier than the Chi Com's would be the Khmer Rouge of Cambodia. But those animals didn't show up until the mid-70's, far too forward in history for the Indy universe. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]