Re: Mark, here's a question for you.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on October 12, 1998 at 08:44:54:

In Reply to: Re:One More Thing.. posted by Mark on October 12, 1998 at 08:31:18:

: One more thing- does Herbert Johnson offer a certificate of authenticity with a purchase of an Indy fedora?

Mark, I'll let the folks who deal with the HJ fedora relate that end of your question. I understand they do indeed have the proof of "makership" to the official hat. My question to you is where this Brazil thing came from? That's the first mention of such a rumor I've ever heard of. Most knock off's are made in out of the way locations as that, but only as licensed aftermarket merchandisers. The official originals came out of England, and extras hats from Austria under license of Stetson. One of the discussions that we've had here and else where is the discussion regarding "official" and "licensed" items. For instance, the Wested Leather jacket that is the official honest to gosh jacket made for all three movies was not sold to LucasFilm as an item, and it's ownership is held and maintained by Mr. Peter Botwright of England. Therefore, you will not find any licensing information anywhere in or on the jacket, though it's the actual jacket used by Harrison Ford in all three movies. Disney, on the other hand, sells and officially "licensed" jacket at their locations that is apparently reported to be a very nice jacket, but pales in comparison to the "official" Wested Jacket. The Disney jacket does have all official licensing information in and on the jacket itself, though that particular jacket or manufactor had nothing to do with the Indy films what so ever. This has been the problem with the hats. The official fedoras were obtained from custom hat makers who are still in the business of making custom hats. They've kept their design and didn't sell it to LucasFilm for licensing. So if you want to get a discussion going, just throw in the nugget regarding what is official, and what is original/official. Lot's of folks have their opinions. Anyway, the Brazil connection was a puzzler for me. Never heard of one coming from that direction. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]