Issues I have with my Flight Suits jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris King from gra-b.demon.co.uk on April 26, 2001 at 06:00:59:

Hi there,

I've owned my Flight Suits jacket for nearly a month now so I have had time to really look at it and compare it to photos of the original jacket.

1. I think the Storm flap is too narrow. It's 1 inch wide on mine. It looks like it should be 1.5 inches to me.
2. The cargo pockets are really stiff - they look like they've permanently got thick cardboard in them so they don't crease like the rest of the jacket. I think this is because there is another layer of lambskin between the inside of the pocket and the front of the jacket.
3. I think the collar tips are too pointed. I personally feel that Wested's tips are more accurate, even though I admit the collar on the Flight Suits drapes better and is more accurately sized for Raiders.
4. The area of leather on the side of the jacket that goes underneath the action pleat is too big. Even when I put my arm fully forward, there is no visible gap that my shirt is visible in.

These are just my opinions. I may be wrong but I personally feel that if a Wested and Flight Suits were combined, ONLY then would we have a perfect replica of the movie jacket.

Just venting!

Chris.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: