Raiders jacket question/comment

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by commander bond from inktomi2-bre.server.ntl.com on April 27, 2001 at 09:25:26:

hi,
i'm new to this forum, i've got a question and a couple of observations i'd like to share with anyone interested, but before that, i stumbled across a picture of an original raiders hat for those of you that are interested, the band is well wide. it's at www.bedlum.net (propsellers), not for sale, but perhaps the owner will give you measurements if you ask him.
about the jacket (facings, cargo pockets, storm flap and zip)
any of you that have a raiders wested and an expedition, if you've got the time and a ruler, please tell me what the difference in the dimensions of the flap on the cargo pocket are, it would be most helpful, i've noticed from pictures that the f.s. flap seems a little taller and the fold above the seam appears wider too, the scalloping also looks a little more detailed (seems to match original well).
on the facings, i'd be interested to see what people have to say:
I've noticed that in the L.C. film that the jacket has leather collar facings and a satin lining, but on the raiders jacket, i can't help but notice that it has cotton facings as wested have said -please check at the beginning of raiders, the SECOND time he says 'gimme the whip', i see that the facing and the lining are both cotton, they look like the same material to me, have a look (maybe the copies made had leather facings?).
i notice many have commented that the storm flap seems too wide on the wested jacket, i believe that this is because the zip is an '8'.
if you were to go for, say a '6', the flap would automatically come out narrower, and as the original had a cheap alloy zip which is much thinner, well, that's it. Wested wouldn't be selling us jackets with the original zip because it would fall apart quickly, and they want our jackets to last us, but if you want to match the original more closely, just ask them to put on, say a ykk 6 (i'm not sure which exact weight would match the original, ask them) in silver, i spoke to them about it and they'll do it no problem, and i think your problem is solved.
sorry for the long post, i hope i've been helpful
thanx for your time,
cheers to all

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: