THANK YOU for not jumping right into the insults....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupEE179.mpls.uswest.net on May 09, 2001 at 14:20:18:

In Reply to: Austin, you're full of crap.... posted by Shawnkara on May 09, 2001 at 03:26:30:

Hey, don't get me wrong, I LIKED 'The Mummy Returns'. My prior "review" post lays that all out for ya. The reason I liked the sequel is because I really liked the first film. I like the characters and I like the action. But this time around the story WAS weaker. Nobody can deny that.

The way I would describe the entertainment value of 'The Mummy Returns' is that of a pack of firecrackers. Sure, you light the pack and watch all the explosions and cover your ears at times, but when the smoke clears you don't really remember a whole lot. You're left with a generic image of pop after pop and sure it was fun at the time, but afterwords you got nothin' to show for it. That's the way I felt when I left the theater after seeing the sequel. I was almost in a daze trying to figure out whether what I just saw was actually a film, or a pyrotechnics show.

When I left the theater back in the summer of '99 I was excited. It's that feeling you get after seeing a movie, where you actually FEEL like the characters. You wanna go out and battle the bad guys and have all these Egyptian adventures(not to mention smooch that Evie chick). 'The Mummy' was such a fun movie that I recommended it to everybody, who in turn loved it as well.

But 'The Mummy Returns' left me feeling let down and dumbfounded. Sure there WAS a story, but to ME it seemed like it was filler, just to get ya from one explosion scene to the next. Yeah I liked the movie, but it could've been way better.

To each his own,
Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: