Re: hiya, Austin...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from 207.225.141.91 on May 10, 2001 at 00:31:49:

In Reply to: hiya, Austin... posted by schwammy on May 09, 2001 at 23:05:51:

Hey how'd the move go? You actually left just in time, up here we're dealin' with tornado threat after tornado threat. But the Twins're kickin' some ass. Maybe you were a jinx that made 'em play like Little Leaguers in years past.

I hear what you're sayin' about the "sloppy" stuff in 'Crusade'. Even at age 10 I KNEW the blimp was fake and I was really surprised at how fake it looked when Indy was on the "invisible bridge" at the Lion's Head. For some reason the effects in the preceeding movies seemed better, which makes no sense because advents in technology make you think effects should get better. In 'Raiders' I noticed the obvious blue-screen shot above the Well of the Souls, and the glass between Indy and the cobra(only after someone told me). And after having seen the making of 'Raiders' I can now easily spot the telephone pole that was rocketed out the bottom of the truck to make it tip and subsequently blow up real good.

But I've never seen the "axle" on the rolling boulder. I'll have to look for that the next time I pop 'Raiders' in the VCR rather than renting some lame-ass contemporary movie.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]