hiya, Austin...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by schwammy from AC9C66F6.ipt.aol.com on May 09, 2001 at 23:05:51:

In Reply to: The "CGI Revolution" posted by Austin Powers on May 08, 2001 at 15:08:24:

I'm back online on my new computer in my new home in Missouri. Hey, I
agree with you on CGI; I haven't seen "The Mummy" yet, but the effects in the previews just don't quite look right, and "Pearl Harbor"'s effects look the same way. That was one of my big problems with "Last Crusade" -- the blimp, the fighter plane, all those effects just looked bad. I was reminded of it this weekend when my nephew rented "Last Crusade," his favorite of the trilogy and my least favorite. I think matte paintings or miniatures work better most of the time. "Star Wars" never looked bad to me, and it still doesn't. Ditto "Raiders", except the blue screen shots of the storm in the desert. I really wish George would go in and clean up "Raiders" like he did "Star Wars..." take out the reflections in the glass between Ford and the snakes, take out the visible axle on the rolling boulder, take out the visible telephone pole sticking out of the bottom of the overturned truck, and clean up those blue screen shots, add back in the infamous German soldier / Sallah scene, and hey, a brand new movie and another $50 million!
Regards,

schwammy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: