Re: Thanks for the reassurance, here goes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on May 10, 2001 at 19:44:24:

In Reply to: Thanks for the reassurance, here goes... posted by mmarosy on May 10, 2001 at 19:11:24:

: Who would be best to talk to at FS?

Dave Marshal

: Between the chrome and the veg, the veg is said to resemble the actual coat better, but even with Patterson saying that he had luck in aging the jacket, I didn't see much showing in MK's pics. Is the aging apparent first hand?

Take a look at my Aging Leather jackets page. I posted a new pic today.

MK, is your's staring to relax, or is it still a bit stiff?

Not at all. It drapes the best of what I've seen.

: Wasn't it a nickle zipper that I should request?

Yes

: I've heard people talking about samples, will FS send these on request? If so, will they be enough to figure out a preference?

Yes to both, but the veg sample is really stiff. Patterson's jacket changed big time.

: Lee told me on the phone that veg was the way to go, but I guess what I want out of a jacket is one that will show "wear and tear", but also wear nicely.

I like the color of Patterson's veg the best, although I like how the edges and seems age on the chrome better. The veg is really stiff at first, but if you do the "Patterson treatment" it will be great. 

I wasn't interested in the veg at all, but now if I had to order again I don't know which way I would go. What ever you decide you will get a fantastic jacket. The one thing I would change is move the cargo pockets 1/2 inch closer in.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]