Well actually....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.203 on May 17, 2001 at 01:07:38:

In Reply to: Lao Che, the real man not the Indy character... posted by West on May 16, 2001 at 09:02:20:

: Just for some interesting trivia, to those who don't know this already. Lao Che in TOD is named after a Chinese philosopher. Talking about Indy names to my father, strangely enough, it seems to turn into a very educational voyage when it comes to the Chinese characters' names. When mentioning the villian Lao Che's name to him my father told me that the real Lao Che was a philosopher whom lived at the same time that Confucius did. And that Lao Che believed (this is just the tip of the philosophical ice berg) that if you had faith/believed in something enough that it would be. Great Chinese philosopher turned villian, gotta wonder what the world is turning into (grin).

: West

Lao Tzu and later on, Chuang Tzu were famous for Taoism. I don't think Taoism, the watercourse way, ever held the philosophical princple that you mentioned. I think it was Chuang Tzu that once answered the door naked, and upon being chastised, retorted, "the world is my house, and this house is my pants. What are you doing inside of my pants?" Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]