To tell ya the truth....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupKK118.mpls.uswest.net on June 13, 2001 at 21:24:28:

In Reply to: I agree with you... posted by the ART kritik on June 13, 2001 at 16:54:49:

This was really the first piece that I've spent more than an hour or two on, with the exception of my entry from last year's Art Showcase.

I drew Indy a lot as a kid, which began with my tracing scenes from the 'Raiders' coloring book in the 1st grade. And if it weren't for the Art Showcases I probably never would've finally sat down and finished such sketches. It's nice to have a goal to work towards, as I have dozens of sketches of sports heroes and whatnot, that I've started but never finished.

I too really like the way the simple pencil sketches look. I was really inspired by one particular entry from last year, I believe it was done by a woman, of Indy's face from the 'Temple of Doom' video cover. If I were judging I would've given her first place. It's really amazing how she captured Ford's likeness, and also managed to portray all the fine details of sweat droplets, beard stubble, and facial wrinkles.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]