I agree with you...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the ART kritik from dix3-41.essex1.com on June 13, 2001 at 16:54:49:

In Reply to: Thanks again.... posted by Austin Powers on June 13, 2001 at 16:13:37:

Don't get me started on modern art! I was the target of many barrages of insults and academic attacks in my art courses at college for my views on modern art. In my opinion, the art world has progressed to such a stage that talent no longer is the measure of a great artist. For them, it is the new idea, the original piece, something totally unlike everything else before it. Unfortunately, so much talent has poured through the art world in the last few centuries that we are left with shovels in corners, paint splatters, and urinals hanging on museum walls. I would love to see a return to the classical style.

Drew Struzan is perhaps one of the best modern artists in my opinion for he really captures the essense of a film- not something easily attainable.

Anyhow, I appreciate your compliments and I too look forward to the rest of the entries being put up. I found several last year that received no awards that were more than worthy in my opinion.

It is hard to judge though, especially when so many pieces are contributed. I would hope that in the future, maybe several judges would decide prizes since a two-person system does not work. There needs to be a majority style voting.

I would be anxious to see other works of yours if you have any. I appreciate the simple pencil sketch more than any other style simply because it is often very difficult to portray the color spectrum in black and white while still making it visually appealing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]