Good Sportsmanship

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupC99.mpls.uswest.net on June 15, 2001 at 23:28:48:

In Reply to: Please don't take that the wrong way... posted by Adam on June 15, 2001 at 19:50:31:

The reason I questioned your identity was because of phrases like "who the hell" and "your stuff rocks". After reading your prior posts, these phrases kinda caught me off-guard, the way impostors' posts usually do.

But hey, we all use descriptive language, and if I typed the way I talk you'd swear I was George Carlin.

With respect to your viewpoints, I stand firm in believing that it's not a judge's place, really, to publicly proclaim his devotion or admiration to one particular entry, not matter WHOSE it is. I mean, you wouldn't see a judge from the Miss America Pagent walking around after the show saying, "Man, that Miss Arizona was hot. D'ya think she'll go out with me?"

Regarding the attention given to my entry by other Indy fans, I REALLY appreciate it. But you gotta remember, these are FANS who're saying these nice things, not judges. I have absolutely NO problem in seeing other *fans* praise the other entries, hell, I'd even chime in. But to me, and maybe I'm just old-fashioned, a public display of any type of favoritism by a judge seems less than classy.

Another reason I was skeptical that you were the "real" Adam was in the simple fact that you seemed to have no idea of how to get ahold of this Mr. Shipper. In reading the Art Showcase rules one can plainly see that a name, address, and e-mail address are REQUIRED of all participants. It just struck me as odd that one of the 2 judges resorted to asking the public how to reach this person.

So there you have it, I'm in no way trying to curb anyone's enthusiasm, or bashing anyone's artwork. I'm very grateful to the support given to my entry by so many, and patiently awaiting the chance to view ALL the entries, as I think there are still some real gems waiting to be seen.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]