This is sob stuff!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0227.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on June 16, 2001 at 10:01:03:

In Reply to: Don't go doing anything rash, now... posted by Inby on June 16, 2001 at 01:55:09:

Come on, let's beat the dead horse a bit more! It makes a very good jacket, that horse.
FG, I think...

: It's just a game, this Indy stuff. Why, if we couldn't beat a 20-year old tired crappy shallow action flick to death with detail-fixated fanaticism and wiseass remarks, then... um. Yeah.
: My point is just to drop it, see it for the insular self-absorbed hobby that it is, and drop it. Later, sometime, then pick it up. Everyone who participates here (for whatever reason) comes and goes; we get to shoot the shite at Micah's place, and he's been pretty considerate to let us outstay the welcome. It's like a house party at his folks' when they're out of town, and all the cuties have left, but you still feel like trying to capture that party groove...
: So, yeah, why am I still at the office working/dropping into the Forum? Well, partly because it is a self-indulgent exercise in subjecting you all to my pathetic bons mots... But then I leave and don't give the forum a second thought. I can't watch those dumb movies, as I don't own a television. Indy is just a toy for the too many bored moments in real life. But if the game ceases to amuse, then just drop it and move on.
: One needn't beat oneself up about getting into the play.
: Indy 4? Maybe. Whatever. At least I'll have something to complain about, alone in the darkness of my shabby failed life.
: I think that sentence was intended to have some glib ironic detatched dark humor about it...

: Inby (or am I?)(yeah, what the hell.)
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: