Re: TRIVIA CONTEST...coming soon...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from ww-th06.proxy.aol.com on January 22, 1998 at 20:30:17:

In Reply to: TRIVIA CONTEST...coming soon... posted by Adam on January 20, 1998 at 20:37:39:

: Hey everyone --

: It's been awhile since I've posted anything here. This last summer through the fall was quite an adventure on this site, being that I posted some trivia contests on the INDY trilogy.

: The response was overwhelming. Many of you were able to answer questions that I NEVER thought possible. Your humble web host, Micah Johnson himself, swept away the last contest by winning a holy grail replica -- generously donated by Indiana Magnoli. (Hey Indy -- where's the Grail you promised ME? *snif!*)

: Anyway, these last three months have been very busy for me. But now I think I'm ready to whip up (pardon the pun) a whole new challenge...

: And so, coming in late February, there will be a whole NEW trivia contest. It will be the culmination of all the previous trivia posts (with a few corrections/alterations for more specific answers, rather than some ambiguous ones) as well as some NEW questions.

: But here is the rub... Adam ain't too keen on giving away his cherished Indy memorabilia. He lost a lot of little stuff last time (having underestimated his opponents -- how foolish Adam was, indeed), and doesn't plan on losing again.

: So there will only be one prize, for the one who answers ALL questions correctly. No second-place, honorary award crap...no "minor prizes"...no "award-ranking score". Just one prize to the one who can beat everything I dish out. EVERYTHING.

: Because of this, I will base questions on the INDY films, any official published material (with merit -- biographies, "making of" books, novels, ect...), and the like... Everything is out there in public domain. Also, I will try to have questions with more concrete answers (a problem that affected the earlier contests).

: But what can I do to pursuade all of you to embark on this? It's tough, hard work.... What could I possibly offer as a prize that would be worthy of your attention? Hmm?

: I'm thinking...pondering...

: An ultra-rare SPANISH RAIDERS poster? Yeah, I'd be able to live without it...even if I'd curse your name for all eternity...

: Hmm...

: The thought of the ultra-rare Marion action figure comes to mind -- NO! -- that's TOO rare! That's the HALLMARK OF MY INDY COLLECTION! I'd never risk that!

: Would I?

: TO BE CONTINED...

Well, I'm still thinking about it. Tonight I went over my previous trivia contests, sorting out the erraneous questions, reformatting them, and putting them all in chronological order. Or course, the hard part is making the NEW questions...

It's going to take me some time to pull this off. I don't just want to rehash what's been done before (sounds like a poor movie sequel).

I also want to change the presentation of this new contest. Because one internet user thought in bad judgement that he could post all his answers to the CRUSADE contest on the board for everyone to see at the 11th hour (WAYNE -- I haven't forgotten you!!!), I think it would be best to have the following changes:

1. All players must specifically Email ME in order to get the questions. (I'll post more on this later.)

2. All answers can be submitted only ONCE -- without getting any feedback whatsoever, and no opportunity to make changes. Once you hand it in, the teacher grades it...heh heh...

I'm hoping to call this next contest...um, "THE INDY 500." It's fair to assume you'll all know why.

But in order to pull this off, I need help.

I will need to communicate with a variety of "Indy experts" over the next few weeks -- people who, like me, know a LOT of Indy trivia. People who'd be willing to donate their time, knowledge, and creativity in collaborating on questions to ask. (Naturally, the downside to this would be that the people who help out can't win the prize themselves.)

If you're interested in lending a hand, let me know. If you submit some good questions, I'll probably use them for the contest. (I'd credit you with them, of course. But hey...it's not like WE own the copyright to this stuff. Or even permission, for that matter...)

Cheers

Adam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: