Re: Why make Indy 4?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rik Duel from slbri1p30.ozemail.com.au on November 09, 1998 at 19:03:01:

In Reply to: Why make Indy 4? posted by Sniper X on November 09, 1998 at 06:13:18:

I agree with a lot of what you say. I did, however, like Last Crusade, and until awhile ago, I thought that it was superior to Temple of Doom. But I've since re-evaluated TOD, and LC. While they are both IMHO vastly inferior to Raiders, Temple does introduce a lot more interesting factors into the Indiana Jones story. And LC is really just following the formula that worked in Raiders. I think I'd be really upset if we saw another story with Indy fighting Nazis in the middle East for a supernatural artifact. Lets take the action to Central or South America, or to China or even the South Pacific.

And having seen George's response to the question about another Indiana Jones movie, his complete lack of enthusiasm (compared to the way he'd animate when talking about the Phantom Menace) makes me wonder if it's worth doing, or if maybe it'll just be an exercise in money making. Maybe Lucas is (understandably) miffed that his Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was received so poorly, and so he's a bit hesitant to commit to more Indy movies. He knows it's a money spinner, but his lack of commitment seems to me to indicate that he's unsure of whether it's a film he wants badly enough to make.

I'm a huge Indy fan. But lets be honest. Who here would rather see a crap film as the (likely) final film in the Indy series? Not me.

Rik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]