Glad to hear it found a good home!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 29, 2001 at 14:05:38:

In Reply to: It's got your name stenciled on the inside. posted by Rundquist on June 29, 2001 at 13:48:43:

Nope - I did not receive the email, though I was having some problems with it over the last 8 weeks or so. I am glad that jacket will be appreciated - deerskin is quite unique, and can take a lot more abuse that lambskin can. Based on the metrics the leather folks use, it ranks up there with the cowhides and horsehides, though the surface can seem to be damaged a lot easier than horse or goat, certainly. I echo again Michaelson's comments on the ability to wear that stuff in a wide range of temperatures - it is a strange experience to have a coat like that on in 80 degree temps and not get hot, and conversely wear it in a nice Calgary cold snap, and feel warm and toasty! I may want another deerskin someday - just not sure what type of jacket I'd have it made into?

Also, I'll thank you for the kind words on behalf of all those who had a hand in this one. Honestly, I think I may have been at the front simply because I had the biggest mouth (grin), but the credit begins and ends with Lee Keppler. It was his efforts to bring us a fan jacket that initially brought Peter Botwright into the light of day (at least from a fan's perspective). Along the way, I feel Lee has been cheated of the credit he is rightly due, and being the kind of person he is, he'd never say a negative word about it. You are right on the fine line one needs to walk, and I am afraid that in frustration I've stepped over it when provoked. Ah well - enjoy the jacket.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: