Re: Indy trousers- The Quest Continues

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 12, 1998 at 12:38:29:

In Reply to: Indy trousers- The Quest Continues posted by Peter Botwright on November 12, 1998 at 11:49:34:

: To explain the problem I must give a little history lesson.
: When the Indy films were made the main costumiers were a company called Bermans & Nathan to whom we supplied the Raiders Jackets.
: Bermans & Nathan were bought out and eventaully sold to Angels a rival and became Angels & Berman as it is now.
: Some of the existing production staff including those involved in the Indy films left and formed a company called MBA( Monty Berman Associates) backed by Mr Monty Berman, the defunct owner of Bermans & Nathan.and for whom we also make costumes.
: Now I have permission to make the trousers from Angels & Berman but the original design and patterns cannot be found. Hence I went to MBA to speak to Mr Noel Howard the MD with whom I worked on the film.
: I asked him for his help with tracing Indy trouser details and was told that he had the original designs and patterns and was selling the trousers.
: I filled him in on the Indy Fan webb of which he had no knowledge and asked about prices. He told me that he wanted 155 pounds or about $275 for them which I found to be expensive. He justified his price because of being custom made but then so are my leather jackets.
: Anyway I am now a lot closer and I have the details of the original supplier of the Corduroy Material and will soon hopefully crack the Nut!
: Incidentaly the costumes we make for MBA have been the period costumes in the Les Miserables worldwide, and the Black/Chrome Leather Biker jackets in the show Grease a real posers jacket.
: Thats all for now folks hope I've not bored you.
: Cheers
: Peter
:

Thank you Peter. This information sure fills a lot of blanks we had regarding the history of the pants. Please keep us informed on the progress. We're VERY interested in this item. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]