Think BIg

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Andrew Jones from 1Cust250.tnt1.sfo3.da.uu.net on July 01, 2001 at 20:37:09:

In Reply to: Re: INDY CONVENTION posted by MK on July 01, 2001 at 10:28:31:

Remember, the first Star Trek convention was a HUGE success. ALOT bigger than expected. So go from a backyard party, to renting a convention hall.

San Francisco has alot of convention halls, and hoasts many national conventions every year. Plus, becuase of its international airport, and because of another close by airport, its really easy for people to get too. ( I live in the area, so I see alot of these conventions going on )

Anotherthing you might do, dont make it STRICKTLY Indiana Jones. If you add some other things ( mummy, xena, toumb raider ) then you'll attract more people ( especially the locals )

One more idea. Throw in charity. We can auction some stuff off, and use that and ticket prices to go to charity. Charity will also attract the stars ( providing you pay for them to come and sleep in the area ) which in turn will attract more people.

I really like the idea. I think it would work. Remember, the first star trek convention was just a few people who got together and made it happen. We can do it too.

Let me know your ideas
Indy Andrew Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: