Let me rephrase

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from 216.160.13.104 on July 02, 2001 at 15:53:08:

In Reply to: My Kepler Goods posted by Austin Powers on July 02, 2001 at 14:12:07:

The poster's name and registered IP address don't match. This post is probably the work of an impersonator, take it with a grain of salt:

It's come to my attention that what I implied about Lee's buckle was that it's not true to 'Crusade'. In reality, what I *meant* was that I believe ALL the movie buckles are closer to the 'Crusade' buckle than people wanna admit. I believe all 3 films featured strap buckles that were, essentially, flat metal squares with a horizontal bar in the center. I also believe all or *most* of the buckles were "concave", meaning the top and bottom edges were bent outwards, resembling a partially open book(if that makes sense). So basically when viewed from the side, the buckles would have a slight < appearance.

I didn't mean to bash Lee's strap/buckle, I was just stating that I feel there is still room for improvement. But believe me, Lee's buckle is THE BEST I've seen yet, and I have been searching everywhere for similar buckles. It's odd that such a basic and simple buckle design is so damn hard to find, it's a shame none of us fans are metal workers, we could design our own.

And about the whip holder, I always knew, even as a kid, that Indy's whip must've been tied down with something when it was hooked to his belt. There's just no way that a coiled whip would stay in ANY whip holder without sliding a little. I really do like Lee's whip holder better than my Noel Howard, and one of these days I'll hook my 10ft DM into it and see how it handles.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]