Re: I DON'T think it's best if they leave it out...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AM from user-112vdkp.biz.mindspring.com on July 09, 2001 at 16:33:39:

In Reply to: I think it's best if they leave it out... posted by The Big Red on July 09, 2001 at 15:38:08:

: Indiana Jones films aren't supposed to be theology movies and I enjoy the fact that we don't really know what his beliefs are. For all we know, he could be an unorthodox Jew! Let's leave it that way...

Are you kidding me? If your statement is true, then I guess I didn't hear Marcus Brody say, "The search for the Grail is the search for the devine in all of us". I am not saying that in order for Indy 4 to be a success, Indy must convert to a particular religion. I'm saying that the audience should be aloud to see into his mind. Why does he risk his life for priceless artifacts only to put them in a museum? What makes him tick? He apparently didn't like his Father when he was young, yet he took his Fathers aspirations to new levels. Why?

You must admitt that Indy has become more than just an action hero. If you can't see that, then how do you differenciate Indy from Laura Croft or Rick from the Mummy movies?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]