Re: Like a bad penny, I've shown up again (Rundquist and Patterson)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace113.utsi.edu on July 09, 2001 at 18:13:03:

In Reply to: Like a bad penny, I've shown up again (Rundquist and Patterson) posted by Marhala Bartender on July 09, 2001 at 18:04:46:

: Hey guys,

: I tried to go through all the posts for the last week seeing what more has been said in regards to the Lambskin vs. Cowhide discussion. I think I caught it all, and Rundquist, I will be emailing you so that I can get your comparison pics.

: I appreciate both of your acknowledgements of the recent loss to our family- the funeral was rough, even moreso since I served as a pallbearer. Indy turns out to be a welcome distraction from it all.

: Back to the jacket:

: I've heard that you can wear the lambskin and be comfortable in it at a fairly high temperature, but not really stay warm in it roughly below 40 degree Fahrenheit- is this true? And does the cowhide handle the cold weather better. Since I want to get the most use out of this, I need a coat that will keep me warm in our harsh Midwest winters. I think I have pretty much decided on following the majority of the decision and going with a cowhide for greater durability and a heavier coat.

: Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it!

: The Barkeep.

Correct on the lambskin, though you can wear a sweater underneath and it works fine then. The cowhide is GREAT in cold weather, but in warmer weathern you're going to have to pull it off when it gets in the mid 60's. At least that what I did when I lived in Ohio, so I KNOW about the winters. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]