Re: Indy on DVD

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-27-180.snantx.swbell.net on November 22, 1998 at 13:46:33:

In Reply to: Re: Indy on DVD posted by belloq on November 22, 1998 at 12:21:00:

: : I think Lucasfilm is waiting for HDTV DVD standard to settle.

: : Where did you hear that? And are you saying the current DVD standard would not be compatible once HDTVs comes? Considering the rapidly expanding DVD market, I would be surprised if they are not compatible even through a conversion of some kind. Also, Paramount (who has released some DVD's already- Top Gun, Star Trek First Contact...) has nothing to gain but profit from a release to the current DVD market. There are so many lesser movies being released on DVD, it is frustrating that Lucas and Spielberg are holding back. (Not to mention making it a harder decision to actually purchase a player.) Even if the accepted standard changes, all the studios would re-release their catalogs anyway. Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part- belloq

Speaking of "nothing to gain but profit", anyone else noticed that Men in Black and the two Jurrasic Parks, all of which command at least $250 million, aren't on DVD yet? Neither are a lot of Best Pictures. Just an observation. As far as Indy on DVD, it's not unrealistic because after all, Paramount IS on the DVD bandwagon. There's hope.

Check six.

-Mithrandir-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: