Why do we like Indy?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from 63.164.212.19 on August 15, 2001 at 10:58:03:

Have you ever stopped to consider why it is that you are a dedicated, if not obsessed, fan of Indiana Jones? What is it for you personally that made you fall in love with the character?

Since the majority of the people that frequent the forum are male, and a large number of them can be said to emulate Indy through the process of purchasing and wearing the clothes associated with the character, I've always thought that Indy is such an influencing character in that he is a perfect hero. He is confident, strong, intelligent, and unstoppable in reaching the goals he sets out to. And yet, he is still human. He bleeds, he makes mistakes, he has weaknesses. He is what many of us would like to be, or at least be seen as- a hero, an unstoppable force- the good guy. A good guy that still is human and is flawed.

So, tell me, what is it that made you a dedicated Indyfan? Can you pick out a specific characteristic? A certain feature? Something that you are trying to emulate?

I think he has always been such a strong character for me because I admire that one-minded determinedness. I appreciate someone so motivated and so dedicated to a certain goal that they will stop at nothing to achieve it (of course, it depends on the nature of the goal sometimes).

Goodbye,
The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: