Thumbs down here...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana John from AC8ACB32.ipt.aol.com on August 17, 2001 at 09:16:18:

In Reply to: theraider.net's Action Figure Petition posted by Sean on August 17, 2001 at 07:22:26:

I used to work for Hasbro, and as merchandiser's...we never saw the appeal of McFarlane's figures outside of their intrinsic collecting value. If you are looking for playability...Hasbro all the way.

...and in terms of promotion...the cards would have to be stacked in Hasbro's favour here as well--as they are responsible for the success of Transformers, G.I. Joe, and the second run of SW. The first of which was made by Kenner, before they were part of Hasbro...

Mcfarlane seems to have good detail in their figures...but their market is more of a Sci-Fi audience...and their offerings strike me as more of a "flash in the pan."

Obviously, as Indyfans...we want to see something that is promoted successfully, and stays out there as long as possible...and breaking up the SW/IJ pairing just does not seem to be the ideal way to accomplish that.

-John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]