Maybe it has to do with directing?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0495.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net (209.178.165.240) on Friday, September 07, 2001 at 12:45pm :

In Reply to: Why does Lucas do nothing between SW, when he did Raiders??... posted by bamindy from hide196.nhs.uk (195.107.47.196) on Friday, September 07, 2001 at 12:06pm :

Lucas didn't direct ESB Or ROTJ. This time around, he is directing three movies in a row. And let's face it, Lucas has not helmed that many movies as a director.
Making SW caused him to have a nervous breakdown, and he gave up directing (no wonder he likes to maintain tight control over his projects!) for a pretty long time.
Now, Lucas is faced with the pressure of creating a whole trilogy that takes five years to complete. Being that busy, it would be hard for him to deal with anything else at the same time, even if it's "only" the position of a producer.
FG
PS: I don't think that DVDs are one of Lucas's priorities. He can sell them now, next year, or in 5 years. He is in no rush, because people will buy his movies anyway (And many fans will buy every single new "Special Edition").

: between Empire and Jedi? It seems he's messing around deliberately to fuel rumours. I see no reason why the Indy and SW DVDs couldn't be released between the new SW movies, and even and Indy movie.

: Just mho, but what does anyone else think? I appreciate that DVDs, and the next Indy will be released when things are right, but they must have some realistic indications as to when?

: Regards to all,
: BamIndy
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )