Re: Bad Apples

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace106.utsi.edu (150.182.24.106) on Monday, September 17, 2001 at 1:28pm :

In Reply to: Bad Apples posted by MK from adsl-63-194-18-73.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.194.18.73) on Sunday, September 16, 2001 at 6:57pm :

I stated my thoughts below, and as promised still "monitor" the board daily, but have seen little need to respond except to your concerns here. I, too, have high respect for most everyone here at the board, and find the comparison to a neighborhood quite sound. I've always referred to it as our "community", but for the past several months have found the neighborhood assailed by roving gangs (to continue using your scenario), and when the ratio of posts went to one decent post with at least 3 to 4 non related posts, or even attacks to the one legitimate one, it was and still is hard to want to participate. I've "voiced" my concerns to Micah, and that's about all I can do. When you have members attacking others because of to many "gear" posts, or game posts, or what ever posts when they themselves have very little, or for that matter, absolutely nothing themselves to offer to discuss except the opportunity to create a stir, I'm afraid I still don't understand the reason for a forum to "vent". Still, I always hold out hope that this area can be revived to what it once was. Like Indy, I guess I'm still a dreamer as well. Regards. Michaelson

: I used to love this forum. It used to have decent people posting decent messages. I could always find something interesting. A few bad apples started terrorizing our online neighborhood. The good decent people, started to post less. Some even left. That's a lot like a real neighborhood. One really bad neighbor often times causes people to move away. Usually they are not replaced by same caliber of neighbor. That triggers the rats-fleeing-a-sinking-ship scenario. Then all you have left is a bad neighborhood.

: I feel that this is what is happening to the IndyFan forum. I stop by here, because of fond memories, but I rarely post. The folks here I consider decent people are constantly being slammed. I find my desire to stop by fading.

: My question is: Does anyone else feel this way? Are a few bad apples pushing you away? If so, it would be good to let us (and Micah) know. If not and it's just me, then I will move away to a better neighborhood too. I appreciate your thoughts on this.

: MK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com