Re: Has this happened to anyone yet? (Aldens trouble)...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by webley from 4502-1b-196-147.me.loa.com (209.237.196.147) on Sunday, October 07, 2001 at 1:59pm :

In Reply to: Has this happened to anyone yet? (Aldens trouble)... posted by Jimmie from PPPa27-ResalePortlandOr2-3R7170.dialinx.net (4.54.85.24) on Sunday, October 07, 2001 at 6:05am :

: The front stitching that holds the sole to the boot around the toe has come loose. The sole, holes, etc, are not damaged, and the repair is a simple one, so I am told. But the sole flops about, making my boots, until repaired, unwearable.

: I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else's boots.

: Anyone who knows me here may remember when I got mine - a bit over a year ago - so they aren't very old. And I should say that I wear them all day, every day. They have been on a few minor adventures, and have really weathered well.

: On another note, someone here recently dyed his Aldens...I have been using a brown shoe polish on mine, with nearly the same result, except that they have weathered a bit differently, and are really starting to appear well-used, as Indy's looked during the truck chase (best seen as he slams the Nazi's foot from the brake, and stomps on the gas pedal).

: I really love these boots, and I was considering buying a second pair, when this happened. Seems to be a very expensive price to pay for boots that, relatively, don't hold up too well over time.

: Jimmie

That seems strange. I've owned 4 pairs of them (I rotate them), and while I've had heels replaced and one pair of soles replace due to thinning, I've never had what you've described happen to any of mine. Have you contacted Alden? They may be willing to fix them for free...

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com