One of my favorite film scenes of all time is in that movie...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by schwammy from ? (64.243.154.52) on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 at 8:22pm :

In Reply to: I just watched the Battle of Britain last night... posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net (63.201.187.189) on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 at 3:22pm :

...one that I think demonstrates how decidedly civilized the British are. It happens when this RAF pilot (your man Robert Shaw, I think?) gets shot down and he bails out. His chute opens and he sails down into a suburban area, where he crashes through the roof of a greenhouse. A little boy peers anxiously out the back door of his house, sees the pilot, dashes inside for a moment, then reappears and runs out to the greenhouse. The pilot, bloody and blackened with soot, is dazed and struggling to sit up. The boy stands over the pilot and wordlessly holds out his parents' opened cigarette box. The pilot takes one, the boy gives him a light, and the pilot says, "Thanks awfully, old chap," as though he were seated in a drawing room rather than tangled up in parachute cord and broken glass. Great scene!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com