More on the E.T. Debacle!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-21-9.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.21.9) on Monday, November 05, 2001 at 1:38pm :

I know it isn't Indy (what is these days?), but at least it's something new (kinda) from Spielberg...

Okay, so fans have spoken and both versions will be on the DVD...and the bathtub scene looks well-done.

But I still don't buy Spielberg's excuse for removing all the guns, ('Why would they use guns to chase a bunch of kids?'). They're also chasing a strange creature from another planet, aren't they? Has there ever been a film where an alien is met with walkie talkies?

I've also just learned that, not only will we be spared from hearing the word "terrorist", but that Spielberg has cut out Elliott calling his brother "penis breath".

After watching NBC censor Rusty Griswold drinking a beer with his dad (National Lampoon's Vacation) Saturday night, I must confess to being a little confused over the heightened sense of what's indecent for the youth. Especially when Brittany has the pre-teen girls dressing sluttier than ever.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com