Not to ruffle any feathers.....

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-wm072.proxy.aol.com (205.188.199.182) on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 at 0:01am :

On the hat discussion.... this'll ruffle some feathers for sure, but I've personally NEVER believed that Herbert Johnson made supplied the 'Raiders' hat. In the bowels of Indygear it's mentioned what tedious task it was to narrow down all the 'wannabees' claiming to have done the work just to sell whatever similiar product they had and the true suppliers. David Morgan, Alden, and Wested are the only ones I've ever placed any faith in. Somethings you can just look at and know. Wested, even the earlier jackets, were obvious. I believe Peter was working from memory more than original patterns, but you could just tell. From the first time I vied the HJ pics at Indygear three years ago I said to myself, "That's not even close." Peter claims to have made the jackets for all three films, but it's widely believed he did not supply them for ToD. The hat in ToD and LC are clearly HJs, but not Raiders. What would have kept HJ from just 'adding' a film to his credit the way it's believed Peter did? Just a thought.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com