INDY IV - GREAT NEWS FOR US ALL . . . OR IS IT?

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hannibal King from ? (168.224.1.14) on Thursday, January 24, 2002 at 8:30am :

Hey guys,

Long time no see - ah well news of Indy IV is finally upon us and I for one could not be happier. The thought of finally seeing a new Indy adventure fills me with an almost epic sense of anticipation. Seeing the Paramount logo dissolve into a similar mountain or shape (will that happen? Is Paramount still inline to distribute the movie - I've heard yes and I've heard no?) Hearing a new score based on the Raiders march and other John Williams themes. Great.

But, I'm also worried. 14 years is a long time to wait for a new Indy movie - will it live up to our expectations. Can it live up to our expectations. No matter how good it is, it is only a movie and it could end up seeming flat and disappointing. If The Phatom Menace had been released in 1986 in stead of 1999 would it have seemed so disappointing.

Aaaarrrggh

My brain hurts.

Seriously I do want a new Indy movie. I am slightly concerned that I'm overselling it to myself.

Also, anyone who is interested the new Hannibal King website is up at it's (hopefully) permanent address - please pop along pay a visit and gice me any feedback or criticism that you want. I'm trying to make a website about my amateur movies but also for adventure fans everywhere. A lot of the pages aren't yet finished but I decided to open it to Indyfans 'cos I know or hope that you'll be honest and help me to create something interesting and fun.

Take care guys

Hannibal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com