Re: The vultures ate my dead ass up!

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 219.raleigh-05-10rs16rt.nc.dial-access.att.net (12.77.117.219) on Saturday, March 02, 2002 at 9:39am :

In Reply to: The vultures ate my dead ass up! posted by Forrestal from ? (64.112.129.66) on Friday, March 01, 2002 at 1:50pm :

: I should have said mule.

: Anyway, most VW engines were made to run on leaded well into the 80s (leaded fuel is still widely available in Europe). I don't think the VW 166 was a major export model that may have been available with valves and rings suitable for unleaded, but I could be wrong on that.

: " They were built in the '70's so unleaded should be OK. As for reliability, they are a VW Beetle in another body, very reliable for the time, but only average by today's standards. But they got Adolph's boys around Russia very nicely in WWII"?

: I am "fairly" confident that Adolf Hitler did not send troops in VW Beetles to Russia. Or did you mean there was another WWII, instigated by an Adolph Hitler (Adolf's clone?) in the 70s? And the Germans invaded Russia (Or the SU?) in Beetles?
: And where is that Beetle hiding in the VW 166? Do you mean to say it has a small Beetle engine? By the way, the VW 166 is not a kuebelwagen, it just looks somewhat like one.
:
: -Forrestal (cave mechanic and hobby historian)

: PS: I liked that one: "My son, we are riding in an unholy wagen!"
:

: : They were built in the '70's so unleaded should be OK. As for reliability, they are a VW Beetle in another body, very reliable for the time, but only average by today's standards. But they got Adolph's boys around Russia very nicely in WWII.

: : "My s

:
: on, we are riding in an unholy wagen!"

----------------------------------------------------

I have always heard that the VW "Thing" (the name under which it was marketed in the '70's) was a recreation of the Kubelwagen, that the Kubelwagen had the basic components of the late '30's VW's. My neighbor, who has a "Thing", is convinced that this is so. Is he wrong?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com