Right... Rethinking ET PC

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Calixar from ? (216.245.20.34) on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 5:57pm :

In Reply to: test posted by Calixar from ? (216.245.20.34) on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 5:44pm :

While I still think some of the changes to ET are silly and pointless, I've changed my mind on the thing with the guns... but I still don't agree with the reason they're doing it.

Back in the 80's men got a bad rap in movies. Women and children were good guys, men were bad guys. Especially government men.
Now, in the aftermath of Waco and Ruby Ridge we have reason to doubt the integrity of the ATF and so-forth, but dammit, back in the 80's it pissed me off that there were always these cold, non-descript males waving guns around at the smallest thing.
Why would they even have their guns out! Of course, they have them, holstered under their jackets, but we've got a child with a dwarvish, anteater man with four-inch legs in the basket of his bicycle! It's absurd to show them waving their guns around.
Screw the PC element of it, it's a subtle, yet inflammatory statement that men are the bad guys.
End of rant.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com