"All over the place?" No, very well put.

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Operator Jake from 206-13-102-130.ded.pacbell.net (206.13.102.130) on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 8:57pm :

In Reply to: What was Sallah? Italian? posted by Indiana Dog from ? (64.14.248.62) on Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 5:51pm :

You're right, the theater should be an escape from reality.
Although, I will admit that one or two films truly stirred me to anger inside (Three Kings and Hannibal), but that was mostly as a result from my fellow viewer's reactions to what they were seeing and cheering for, rather than the movies themselves.
Right and wrong, good and bad; it all depends on your perspective. I don't like having to judge people or their actions, since I believe that most everyone has a pretty good reason for feeling the way that they do; why they see the world as they do.
Personally, I'll take the view of Dr. Albert Schwietzer when he said to young Indy (as a guideline, not a rule), "that which seeks to preserve life is good, and that which seeks to harm life is evil."
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Or in the other Harry Ford classic, "Witness," the old Amish grandfather is having a serious discussion on morality with his grandson as Detective Book's handgun lay on the kitchen table in front of them.
"Would you take this gun of the hand and kill a man?"
"I would only kill a bad man."
"I see. And you can tell this badness by looking at him?"
"I see what they do."
Again, I couldn't have put it better myself.
Now, before I wind up going all over the place.........
Let's be careful out there, among those Englishmen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com