In defense...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-23-117.cae.bellsouth.net (216.78.23.117) on Saturday, March 16, 2002 at 0:05am :

In Reply to: DVD purification (rape) posted by Shawnkara from spider-wl042.proxy.aol.com (205.188.199.37) on Friday, March 15, 2002 at 8:35pm :

...I hear "penis breath" IS still in the film.

But I don't like the changes either. I mean, they're defending the gun issue by saying no one will even notice. WTF?! Then why change it in the first place if no one would notice?

Of course, the other defense is that real G-Men wouldn't use guns to go after a bunch of kids. (Yeah, okay.) But even if that were true, as I recall, they're going after an alien from another world. Do you really think our (or any) government would go after something they think might be a threat using only a flashlight?

The other thing that bothers me is that they removed the original performance of E.T and turned him into a computer effect. Do they not realize that E.T. was real? Why are they operating under the assumption that he was simply an effect to "tweak"? The whole premise of the film appeals to your imagination and asks you to believe that this is a real little alien and NOT just a fancy effect.

Do they not understand that people can still watch a film made in 1939 and believe they're watching a cowardly lion, and not just a man in a bad lion suit?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com