Re: Well, if you think people would actually pay for it...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana John from dialup-64.157.54.12.Dial1.Washington1.Level3.net (64.157.54.12) on Monday, July 08, 2002 at 0:12am :

I am thankful for the service that Micah provides. It allows people with common intrests to meet. That is what I think about this site. Micah gives us some leeway. However, on John's site, it is gear or nothing. You can even post something out of line, so to say, and he feels that he must expose his religious beliefs on the public. Frankly I would not pay for such a service. Would you?
Ben

I setup IndyGear to be a totally fan-friendly site. There are no ads, and I fund it pretty much exclusively myself. The new message board is something that I put together myself via open source code, and this aspect of the site no longer requires funding--it's all operated in-house.

Regarding the religious comment...
It was right on! However, if I had to do it again, I would have/and will approach it differently in the future.

It's pretty easy to make flippant comments about someone, but those who know my track record, know that this was an exception. I admit when I make a mistake, and pick-up and keep moving forward. If people choose to dwell on my mistakes, that's their bad.

Club Obi-Wan is part of IndyGear, not Indyfan. Indiana Jones is the theme with the focal point being the gear. The reason people complain about the strict moderating guidelines...is because they don't like the standard -- it's not the fact that they can't discuss general Indiana Jones topics...because if that was truly the issue, they would do it here or at theRaider. The issue at hand, is a problem with authority -- people have a problem with someone telling them, no. When someone doesn't get their way, they usually whine.

I'm trying to make the board better & better, and if I can, I will make concessions...but not at the expense of having outbreaks of verbal rioting we've witnessed before and other detractions.

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm committed to my projects...and if you have suggestions on how to improve the stuff online, I consider all suggestions on an individual basis...but I'm not going to continue to listen to any garbage. I bust my butt on this stuff!

-John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com