Now that's interesting

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from adsl-67-39-185-82.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net (67.39.185.82) on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 9:17am :

In Reply to: It can if we let it. posted by graml from user-2ivevgi.dialup.mindspring.com (165.247.126.18) on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 7:23am :

: As long as they don't fudge Indy's age, I'm willing to support a sequel or two. Harrison Ford is a fine actor, but even he can't pull off playing a 30-40 year old anymore. I'd enjoy seeing Indy in a situation where the world is undergoing such amazing changes as happened in the 1950s. Without turning this into a discussion on the merits and/or liabilities of the United Nations, it must be said that soon after the creation of this powerful non-government actor, world heritage sites were suddenly a tad harder to loot. It was no longer a matter of "fortune and glory" (as Indy stated in Temple of Doom), but rather an "it belongs in a museum!" (as idealistic Young Indy stated) mentality. This is assuming that they turn Indy 4 into an introspective look at the world of archaeology. Unlikely, I know. Maybe Indy could even get a job with UNESCO? He'd be a government tool! And a bureaucratic fool! (Hey...That rhymes...I smell a musical!)
: As long as there's a car chase, a few fist fights, a shoot-out or two and no lame dialog (let us not mention Phantom Menace!), I'll be happy. And maybe a grown-up Short Round as a bad guy.
: -graml

Now I thought Short Round was great (one of the very few child characters that I've liked in a movie, well, actually, my favorite, at that). However, it'd be very interesting to see him grown up and evil. Or maybe just misled and misunderstood? Who knows.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com