It was made...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from eeespace208.utsi.edu (150.182.24.208) on Monday, September 16, 2002 at 12:10pm :

In Reply to: Here's a question that perhaps hasn't been asked...... posted by Operator Jake from WCS3.NORFOLK.NIPR.MIL (198.26.132.99) on Sunday, September 15, 2002 at 12:37pm :

....by Kenner. LJN made the Temple of Doom figures in 1984. Regards. Michaelson

: Toht--he's mean, he's nasty, he intentionally shaves the top of his noggin bald--we all know who he is, we all know his name, yet in Raiders, his name was never so much as mentioned.
: Do you remember where and when you first learned this villian's name?
: Personally, while paying the toy section of the department store a visit while I was a real little guy, I chanced upon the new display of Indy action figures, and since I really did try to be a good kid, my long suffering mother said okay to one or two.
: (I never did manage to find Fedora and jacket Indy--all they ever had was Arab disguise Indy and Nazi disguise Indy. What a drag!)
: At any rate, Toht was one of my selections, and although I could read okay for a kid in those days, I couldn't make heads or tails of the name. When I asked mom for help, she looked at the box and said, "Toth." Close enough.
: And I was delighted to find that the makers of the figures (LJN, I think), paid enough attention to detail to leave a mark on Toht's right hand.
: Let's be careful out there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com