Heavy sigh...

[ Reply ] [ Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from ? (66.123.147.146) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 5:38pm :

In Reply to: Let me make my opinion clear... posted by Rushmore from dhcp-63-49.tulane.edu (129.81.63.49) on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 4:03pm :

Food for thought...

The Oscars, like every other award I've ever come across, are not an ever-pure oracle of divine providence. People win because the cards fell in the "right" way, they landed the "right" part and some folks thought they did a better job or were in some way deserving. It is not to take away from the winners, but it is not some "holy bastion" some seem to think.

IMHO, Ms. Berry is a pretty good actress under the right circumstances. Some people are good actors under both the right and wrong circumstances. Maybe someday she will prove to me she can do both, and I kinda hope she does. But, whatever...

Attributing moral fiber requirements to people in the spotlight is hypocritical. I figure if I need to fault some star for scarring my kid because they made a mistake - then I need to examine my own role in my kid's life. I should not be abdicating authority to raising my kid to some actor. IMHO

I've made plenty of mistakes in my life. Anybody who says they haven't is a liar. The measure of the person is how they deal with their mistakes. Again, IMHO...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: ( default )
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link ( default )
URL:

This board is powered by the Mr. Fong Device from Cyberarmy.com