Re: Indy's Shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by shedmun from slip-32-100-128-6.nc.us.ibm.net on January 08, 1999 at 22:33:42:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's Shirt posted by Stephen on January 07, 1999 at 20:09:03:

: : I mentioned a while back that military style shirts were a fashion item in the UK at the moment, so there are plenty Indy style shirts kicking around (stone cotton, with epaulettes and patch pockets).

: : I suggested the easiest way to get an Indy style was to buy 2 and hack one up for the extra detailing. This is my next project so I'll let you know how it goes! If all goes well I'll get some pics and post them. I have an unfair advantage though, in that my mother's a machinist / dressmaker!

: : Just as a matter of interest, I think I might be able to persuade my mom to make shirts to order. I spoke to her about it and she seemed quite keen. I'm a stickler for detail so there will be no compromise on detail. Exact copy or nothing. She has access to all the fabric & accessories shops in town (which is Glasgow, UK by the way). So, if anyone might be interested let me know. If there is enough interest, she'll source the materials, etc. and work out a cost.

: : I ordered a shirt from Andre Dometakis in May 97 and I'm still waiting!

: : OK! I think I've went on a bit but I am quite keen!

: : Best regards for now,

: : Brian

:
: Hi Brian,

: Thanks for your efforts and keep us posted... I'd probably be
: interested :-)

: Regards,
: Stephen

If the price is reasonable, I'd be more than happy to go with it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]