Re: Indy's Shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn0010-162.cyberTours.com on January 09, 1999 at 06:04:43:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's Shirt posted by shedmun on January 08, 1999 at 22:33:42:

: : : I mentioned a while back that military style shirts were a fashion item in the UK at the moment, so there are plenty Indy style shirts kicking around (stone cotton, with epaulettes and patch pockets).

: : : I suggested the easiest way to get an Indy style was to buy 2 and hack one up for the extra detailing. This is my next project so I'll let you know how it goes! If all goes well I'll get some pics and post them. I have an unfair advantage though, in that my mother's a machinist / dressmaker!

: : : Just as a matter of interest, I think I might be able to persuade my mom to make shirts to order. I spoke to her about it and she seemed quite keen. I'm a stickler for detail so there will be no compromise on detail. Exact copy or nothing. She has access to all the fabric & accessories shops in town (which is Glasgow, UK by the way). So, if anyone might be interested let me know. If there is enough interest, she'll source the materials, etc. and work out a cost.

: : : I ordered a shirt from Andre Dometakis in May 97 and I'm still waiting!

: : : OK! I think I've went on a bit but I am quite keen!

: : : Best regards for now,

: : : Brian

: :
: : Hi Brian,

: : Thanks for your efforts and keep us posted... I'd probably be
: : interested :-)

: : Regards,
: : Stephen

: If the price is reasonable, I'd be more than happy to go with it.

Keep in mind that Peter Botwright and Noel Howard are working on developing off-the-rack versions of both the pants and the shirt. I have halted production of my shirt replica (the prototype of which is seen on the Indy's Diggs site) because of this news. I would rather have the original thing than a "close enough". But in case anyone is interested in still pursuing making their own, the "stripes" running down the front of the shirt are actually pleats. Extra material is included in the measurement for the shirt fronts and the material is joined togther to form a "tunnel" or loop of material running down the length of the shirt (from shoulder seam to tail) and this loop is then flattened down to the shirt by ironing and top-stitched down to the shirt.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]